G.R.I.T.S : Girls Raised In The South–An Anthology on Southern Queer Womyns’ Voices and Their Allies, edited by Amber N. Williams & Poet On Watch. Please submit unpublished works only. Authors retain copyrights to their work published and have the option to resubmit selected works to other publications. Compensation includes the following: one copy of the published anthology, set dates for readings and shared revenue from the book. Please send your naughty but nice poetry, love notes, images and visual art jpegs to be considered for the G.R.I.T.S anthology. We think nerds are pretty damn hot! Submission is good…especially if you do it here: firstname.lastname@example.org for detail guidelines click on our FB page.https://www.facebook.com/grits.anthology
Submission Deadline: June 1, 2013
Selection Notification: June 5, 2013
Book Release Brunch: Sept. 2013
For more information on the non-profit work that M.A.L.I. does, check out the website at www.malisite.org. make sure to join our Freeverse Publishing FB page for updates and details. https://www.facebook.com/grits.anthology
Submission Guidelines for Best Lesbian Erotica 2014
Kathleen Warnock is now accepting submissions for Best Lesbian Erotica 2014, to be published by Cleis Press in December, 2013.
Payment is $100 for each published story, and two copies of the book.
• Submit short stories, self-contained novel excerpts; the genre is fiction (please don’t submit memoir or poetry)
• Unpublished material will be considered
• Previously published material (online, in magazines, in other themed anthologies) will also be considered, as long as it was not published in a “Best of…” anthology
• Submit two hard copies of each submission (you may print double-sided).
• Include a cover page with: Author’s Name, Pen Name (if applicable) Title of Submission(s), Address, Phone, and Email Address, and short (50 words) bio.
• All submissions must be printed and double-spaced; number the pages.
• Each submission should be a maximum of 5,000 words (list word count on title page). You may print double-sided.
• You may submit 2 pieces of work
• No email submissions will be accepted, except in the circumstances detailed below; you can email queries to Kwarnockble (at) gmail.com
• Manuscripts will not be returned.
You may submit your story via email (as a Word document or PDF) under the following conditions:
• You live outside of North America or Europe
• The cost of postage would be prohibitive from your home country
• The content of your submission may be illegal to send via postal mail in your home country
Submissions will be accepted throughout the year. The final (postmark) deadline is April 1, 2013. All submissions will be responded to by the end of September. Early submissions are encouraged.
Send all submissions to:
31-64 21st St., #319
Long Island City, NY 11106
If mailing from the US, First Class mail is fine. If you require a confirmation other than the USPS Delivery Confirmation, please included a self-addressed stamped postcard (not an envelope). If mailing from Canada, Airmail or XpressPost USA are recommended.
Please note: April 1, 2013 is a postmark date. You don’t need to overnight it as long as it is postmarked by then. If you are unable to make the postmark date, please email to discuss the possibility of an extension.
Questions? Email the editor at kwarnockble (at) gmail.com.